McPhail Weblog May 30, 2021

 

McPhail Baptist Church







Prelude: “Matins” (Healey Willan)



Hymn: “Give To Our God Immortal Praise” 




A Prayer for God’s Presence 


This is our time of worship, O God. Free us from dullness or lethargy. If our inner fires have died out, Lord, revive us again. And as we hear and read your words, may they come alive to us and be more than just words. Speak to us through the music and set our hearts singing. We know, O God, that our feelings are no measure of your nearness, but yet we acknowledge that there are times we need to feel your presence, for we too easily forget that your love surrounds us constantly, and your mercy is never-ending.


Lord, give to us a sense of your presence, that our lives might glow again, and the lives of others might be touched through us. This we pray in the name of Jesus Christ, our Saviour and Friend. Amen.




Special Music: “Evening Prayer”

Lynda Cox/Laurel Tye


When at night I go to sleep, fourteen angels watch do keep;

Two my head are guarding, two my feet are guiding,

Two are on my right hand, two are on my left hand.

Two who warmly cover, two who o’er me hover,

Two to whom ‘tis given to guide my steps to Heaven.


One more angel by my bed, holds my hand and soothes my head.

Glad am I when she is near singing songs I love to hear.

Gone is all my grieving, love is ne’er deceiving.

Then her parting prayer, to the angels there,

Tender watch to keep, while I in dreams lie asleep.




         

Scripture Reading  


Genesis 2:8, 15-17 

And the Lord God planted a garden in Eden, in the east; and there he put the man whom he had formed. The Lord God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to till it and keep it. 16 And the Lord God commanded the man, “You may freely eat of every tree of the garden; 17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall die.”


Matthew 26:36-39

Then Jesus went with them to a place called Gethsemane; and he said to his disciples, “Sit here while I go over there and pray.” 37 He took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be grieved and agitated. 38 Then he said to them, “I am deeply grieved, even to death; remain here, and stay awake with me.” 39 And going a little farther, he threw himself on the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me; yet not what I want but what you want.”


John 20:11-16  

But Mary stood weeping outside the tomb. As she wept, she bent over to look[a] into the tomb; 12 and she saw two angels in white, sitting where the body of Jesus had been lying, one at the head and the other at the feet. 13 They said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping?” She said to them, “They have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid him.” 14 When she had said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not know that it was Jesus. 15 Jesus said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you looking for?” Supposing him to be the gardener, she said to him, “Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have laid him, and I will take him away.” 16 Jesus said to her, “Mary!” 


Hymn: “In The Garden”



Sermon: “In The Gardens”  

                                  



Hymn: “Great Is Thy Faithfulness”



Benediction 



Postlude: “Praise To The Lord, The Almighty”  (J. G. Walther) 










Comments

Post a Comment