McPhail Weblog Sep 27 2020

 

McPhail Baptist Church

Sept 27th 2020


Prelude: 

“Dear Lord and Father of Mankind”

Sue Sparks 


Favourite Hymns

Ernie and Lynda Cox 


 


It Is Good To Sing Your Praises


It is good to sing your praises and to thank you, O Most High,

Showing forth your loving kindness when the morning lights the sky.

It is good when night is falling of your faithfulness to tell,

While with sweet, melodious praises songs of adoration swell. 


You have filled my heart with gladness through the works your hands have wrought;

You have made my life victorious, great your works and deep your thought.

You, O Lord, on high exalted, reigning evermore in might; 

All your enemies shall perish, sin be banished from your sight. 


But the good shall live before you, planted in your dwelling place,

Fruitful trees and ever verdant, nourished by your boundless grace. 

In his goodness to the righteous God his righteousness displays,

God my Rock, my Strength, my Refuge, just and true are all your ways. 


Have Thine Own Way, Lord


Have thine own way, Lord! Have thine own way!

Thou art the Potter, I am the clay.

Mold me and make me after thy will, 

While I am waiting yielded and still. 


Have thine own way, Lord! Have thine own way!

Wounded and weary, help me, I pray!

Power—all power—surely is thine!

Touch me and heal me, Saviour divine!


Have thine own way, Lord! Have thine own way! 

Hold o’er my being absolute sway!

Fill with thy Spirit till all shall see

Christ only, always, living in me!


I Then Shall Live


I then shall live as one who's been forgiven.

I'll walk with joy to know my debts are paid.

I know my name is clear before my Father;

I am His child and I am not afraid.

So, greatly pardoned, I'll forgive another ;

The law of love I gladly will obey.


I then shall live as one who's learned compassion.

I've been so loved, that I'll risk loving too.

I know how fear builds walls instead of bridges;

I'll dare to see another's point of view.

And when relationships demand commitment,

Then I'll be there to care and follow through.


Your Kingdom come around and through and in me;

Your power and glory, let them shine through me.

Your Hallowed Name, O may I bear with honour,

And may Your living Kingdom come in me.

The Bread of Life, O may I share with honour,

And may You feed a hungry world through me.



Scripture Reading: Ephesians 2:14-19 (NIV)




14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15 by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace, 16 and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility. 17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. 18 For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.


19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household,



“CRUMBLING WALLS” 

Rev. Ernie Cox





Special Music: “HYMN TO FREEDOM”

Rennatha Bernadin and Ernie Cox



Hymn to Freedom was written by the great Canadian jazz pianist Oscar Peterson, 

and the lyrics were written by Harriette Hamilton.  A timely piece for today’s climate

of racial unrest and the quest for equality with dignity. 


When every heart joins every heart and together yearns for liberty,

That's when we'll be free.

When every hand joins every hand and together moulds our destiny,

That's when we'll be free.


Any hour any day, the time soon will come when all will live in dignity,

That's when we'll be free.

When everyone joins in our song and together singing harmony,

That's when we'll be free.



Hymn: “Sing Praise To The Lord”

Sue Sparks



Sing Praise to the Lord; sing praise in the height,

Rejoice in God’s word, all angels of light.

Now worship your Maker by whom you were made,

Adore your Creator in brightness arrayed.


Sing praise to the Lord; sing praise on the earth,

In tuneful accord, you heirs of new birth;

Praise God who has brought you rich grace from above:

Praise God who has taught you with mercy and love. 


Sing praise to the Lord, all things that give sound,

Each jubilant chord re-echo around;

Loud organs God’s glory forth-tell in deep tone,

And sweet harp the story of what God has done. 


Announcements



*Note from Lynda Cox: “Treasurer Steve Sparks presents McPhail Bursary to Shee Pala.  Shee is in her second year of Accounting at Algonquin. Congratulations Shee! We are so happy for you! We encourage others to apply. It's never too late!”



*Congratulations to Bob Eady. His Maitland home sold in multiple offers. Way to go!

*We are excited to now offer an e-transfer option for McPhail offerings. If you would like to make use of this option, offerings can be sent via online banking to offerings@mcphailbaptist.ca If possible, please include your envelope number in the memo line. A special thanks to Steve Sparks and Samantha Helman for setting this up for us! For those who would prefer mailing in their offering, funds can be sent via post to: McPhail Baptist Church, 249 Bronson Ave, Ottawa, ON. K1R 6H6 We are deeply thankful for your ongoing support of this ministry! 



Benediction 

Ernie and Lynda Cox



Postlude: “The Solid Rock”

Sue Sparks




Comments